CORKSCREW (JERSEY) LIMITED
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Uses in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our website, register on the website, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website. Users may visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
Data Protection "Jersey"
For the purposes of Data protection law, the "controller" is "Corkscrew (Jersey) Limited" Trading as "Corkscrew" for the contact address is 47 - 49 Central Market, Beresford Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4WL. (from now on referred to as "Corkscrew", or as "we" and related words such as "us" and "our").
As a controller, we are responsible for processing your data. We are registered as a data controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner, Brunel House, Old Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3RG. Information Commissioner's Office, which is Jersey's supervisiory authority for data protection matters.
What do we use your Personal Data for?
In the course of our business, which is the sale of Wines, Spirits, Beers, other alcoholic products and related sundry items in our shop and online, we collect the following personal data when you have given us your explicit consent, to keep you informed of current offers and products we sell.
Personal details, such as name, username
Contact data, such as delivery address, e-mail address, phone number(s)
Biographical data from job applications and CV's such as employment history
Transaction data, such as details about payments to and from you
Technical data, such as your login data
Profile data, such as username, previous orders
We do not knowingly collect "special category" personal data. This is a special type of sensitive data to which more stringent processing conditions apply.
We also do not collect information about criminal convictions or offences.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
It is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and these are not overridden by your own rights and interests
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In order to process personal data, we must have a lawful reason. We always ensure that this is the case, and we set out our lawful reasons below - but please note that more than one may apply at any given time: for example, if we inform you of changes to our privacy notice, we may process your personal data on the ground of complying with law and on the ground of legitimate interests.
If you are our customer or applying for a job, we will process your personal data for the following purposes, on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to provide our products and services to you. Of course, you are not obliged to provide us with any of this information, but if you chose not to, we may be unable to provide the product or service that you have requested.
We process your personal information for our legitimate business purposes, which include the following:
- to conduct and manage our business
- to identify suspicious purchasing activity (for example, where a card has been used for high-volume and/or high-value purchases or where cardholder and deliver addresses differ) - however, we do not make automated decisions on the basis of such profiling
- to allow you to review a product you have purchased
- to deal with complaints
- to let you know about our products, services, promotions or events that we consider may be of interest to you (and which may be tailored to your interests as construed from your purchase history). We do this only where you have provided us with a preferred means of contact for this purpose. We carry out this processing on the legal basis that we have a legitimate interest in marketing our products and services, and only to the extent that we are permitted to do so by applicable direct marketing laws.
You can opt out of receiving this information by unsubscribing from our emails.
Whenever we process your personal data for these purposes, we ensure that your interests, rights and freedoms are carefully considered.
Compliance with laws
We may process your personal data in order to comply with applicable laws (for example, if we are required to co-operate with an investigation pusuant to a court order).
If you have never purchased from us or have not purchased from us for a long time, but have given us your explicit consent to hear from us about our products, services, promotions or events that we consider may be of interest to you, we will contact you by email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time.
Do we need your Personal Data - and if so - Why?
To form a contract with you, we will need some or all of the personal data described above so that we can perform that contract or the steps that lead up to it: this is set out above in this notice. If we do not receive the data, the contract could not be performed.
If you sign up to our mailing list, you will have to provide certain personal data. Of course, you may decide to stop receiving our mailings at any time.
How long will your Personal Data be kept for?
We carefully consider the personal data that we store, and we will not keep your information in a form that identifies you for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this notice or as required by applicable law.
Information that is gathered from Visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. This information is not used to track individual visitors to this website.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
Where registration is required, the visitor's email and a username will be stored on the server.
To find out more about cookies you can visit http:www.allaboutcookies.org
How the information is Used
Cookies may be used to enhance the visitor's experience when using the website and/or to enable a shopping basket system or features such as expanding menus. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term. For this reason session cookies may sometimes be considered less privacy intrusive than persistent cookies.
Opting Out of Cookies from our Website
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website. We do not share personal data with Google.
Sharing your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the website. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission. E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers. You will always be given the chance to opt out of any periodic mailings.
If you have subscribed to one of our email services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mails that you receive.
How we Protect your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to preserve data integrity, and to regulate access to the data, protecting against unauthorised access, data loss, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
Our website operates on a secure server ??????? which is updated on a daily basis with any operating system updates or security patches that need applying.
Only authorised Corkscrew employees and third parties processing data on our behalf have access to your personal data.
All Corkscrew employees who have access to your personal data are required to adhere to the Corkscrew Privacy Notice and we have in place contractual safeguards with our third-party data processors to ensure that your personal data is processed only as instructed by Corkscrew.
We take all reasonable steps to keep your data safe and secure and to ensure the data is accessed only by those who have a legitimatge interest to do so. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your Information Rights
We draw your attention to your following rights under data protection law:
- right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- right of access to your personal data, and the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and supplementary details about that information - you will be asked to provide proof of your identity and residential address, and we may ask you to provide further details to assist us in the provision of such information.
- right to have inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified - we want to ensure that the personal information that we process and retain about you is accurate, so please do remember to tell us about any changes, for example if you haved moved house or changed your contact details. It is your responsibility to ensure you submit true, accurate, and complete information to us; please also update us in the event this information changes.
- right of erasure - in certain cirtcumstances you have the right to have personal data that we process about you blocked, erased or destroyed.
- the right to object to, or restrict:
- processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or that similarly significantly affect you
- in certain other situations, to our continued processing of your personal data
- the right of portability of your data in certain circumstances.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
These rights are subject to certain limitations that exist in law. Further information about your information rights is available on the ICO's website: https://oicjersey.org/
Third Party Content
Users may find advertising or other content on our website that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your Acceptance of these Terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.